Wireless Sensor Networks for Corrosion Sensing
Wireless capture of condition and operational environment data for real time fault detection and maintenance management
This project utilises state of the art embedded system technologies to develop a suite of application prototypes for the following building blocks of maintenance management
- Sensing the operating environment of an asset for critical variables such as temperature, pressures, humidity etc.;
- Providing plug and play interface to analogue sensors;
- Embedding health and maintenance history of an asset with the asset so that it carries the same throughout its life cycle;
- sensor network to improve detection of failure and tracking of reliability and environmental risks;
- Decision support modules for condition assessment and trend analysis, based on the data captured through ‘a’ and ‘b’ above.
- Open systems compliant remote online condition monitoring.
- End to end integrated supply chain visibility of spares.